How to choose pearls?
If the diamond is the emperor of jewelry, the pearl must be the queen of elegance. It is warm in color and seemingly unadorned, but has an understated dignity. It is Hepburn’s favorite jewelry, but also coco chanel’s little black dress the most elegant lover, every elegant women should not have a pearl jewelry. Take you closer to the pearl and feel its silent nobility.Classification of pearlsAccording to the shape of pearls, we can classify them into the following 5 categories:1. Round pearls: As the name implies, they are pearls that are round in shape, and according to their roundness, they can be divided into three types: square pearls, round pearls, and near-round pearls. The pearls that are round are of course the best, and are commercially known as walking pearls; round pearls are pearls that are very round in form, and are less valuable than round pearls in the same color; near-round pearls are pearls that are closer in form to round pearls. 2. Oval pearls: These are pearls that are oval in shape and have a length-to-diameter ratio of more than ten percent. 3. Flat beads: are pearls that are flattened and have one or both sides that are nearly flat, such as flat round, flat oval, pie, diamond, square, etc. 4. Mabey beads: It is a kind of half-sided pearl, also known as Mabe beads, bun beads and half-round beads, scientifically known as Mabe beads. It is usually after the collection of cultured pearls, the nucleus of the well-made half-sided shape is inserted into the inner wall of the shell, so that the convex side faces the mother-of-pearl lining, the plane is close to the mother-of-pearl shell wall, inserted and then put into the water to feed, day by day, the pearl layer wraps up the outer nucleus layer by layer to form a semicircle, and when collected, it is extracted together with part of the mother-of-pearl shell wall and polished into an ornament, so its individual is large. Mabee pearls are essentially regenerated pearls, before which each pearl shell can produce two round pearls, especially the Australian Mabee pearls, which are of high production and quality, characterized by large grains, excellent luster, pure silvery white color and smooth surface. The smallest are 10mm and the largest can be 17mm or larger and come in a variety of shapes including round, teardrop, oval and heart-shaped. Mabee bead jewelry is currently very popular in the world jewelry market, and is not only worn as a pet by ladies and noblewomen, but the unique and elegant jewelry ornaments created with Mabee beads are also particularly favored by gentlemen. 5. Heterogeneous pearls: There are many different forms of pear, teardrop, rice, potato, and what may be called baroque pearls, in addition to round, oval, and Mabee pearls. How to choose a pearl
Today’s pearl jewelry brand market is really becoming more and more unintelligible, with craft beads made so seamlessly that you can’t see a single flaw. There are also some doorways to follow on how to identify a real or fake pearl. There are very few pearls without flaws, but each pearl’s different flaws are just the birthmark that makes it different from other pearls, thus giving it a unique identity. Such a pearl with “identity” is the real jewelry.1. Identifying real and fake pearls by their piercings:[Pearls] have laminar structural features in the holes of the piercings;[Imitation pearls] The surface material is beryllium, and a glass or plastic inner core can be seen upon close inspection.
2. Identification of real and fake pearls by hand feeling method:[Pearl] is cool to the touch and cool to the touch;[Imitation pearls] feel slippery to the touch. 3. Identification of real and fake pearls of the teeth bite method:[Pearl] teeth bite or rub on the glass without a smooth feeling, often bumpy, sandy, white powder appear;
[Imitation beads] teeth bite or rub on the glass without a smooth feeling, often bumpy, sandy, white powder appear;[Imitation pearls] have a smooth feeling when bitten by teeth, and the coating will partially detach when bitten hard.
4. Identification of real and fake pearls of the rubbing method:[Pearl] with two pearls rubbed against each other, there is a rough, sandy feeling is the real pearl;[Imitation pearls] and those that are slippery to each other are fake pearls.
5. The visual method of identifying real and fake pearls:[Pearls] have a natural five-rainbow light, in a string of necklaces, their size and shape is irregular, the surface can generally be seen with the naked eye flaws (except for very rare black pearls, South Sea beads can not see the flaws with the naked eye); because they are the reason of natural products, can not be as absolute as the machine mold casting;[Imitation beads] are mostly spherical in shape, with very uniform iridescence and luster, and look very fake.
6. Identification of real and fake pearls of magnified observation method:[Pearls] Observe the surface of pearls with a tenfold magnifying glass, those that can see the shape like sand dunes blown by the wind are real pearls, those that see the unevenness like the surface of an egg are artificial pearls;[Imitation pearls] can only see a more uniform coating like an eggshell.
7. The bouncing method of identifying real and fake pearls:[Pearl] drop the pearl on the glass from 60 cm high, the bounce height is 35 cm;[Imitation pearls] The bounce difference of imitation pearls under the same conditions. Care of pearls1. The composition of pearls is calcium carbonate, avoid contact with acids that produce corrosion and make pearls lose their luster. 2. The presence of moisture within the pearls should be remembered not to store them with a desiccant to avoid too much drying of the pearls, which can cause them to turn yellow. Also do not store them in a box for a long time, which can dehydrate the pearls and is necessary when wearing them. 3. Pearls have moisture like shady substances and should be stored in a cool place to keep the pearls at the right humidity level and not exposed to the heat again.
4. The hardness of pearls is very low, so if they are placed together with other gemstone jewelry, their glorious surface will be worn, and it is best to store them separately.
5. Wash your pearl jewelry every once in a while. If you carry it for a long time, the surface of the pearl will stick to sweat and other substances, which will corrode the lustrous appearance of the pearl.6. Do not put the pearl jewelry directly into water to clean it. Water stains that enter the small holes or crevices will be difficult to wipe dry, which in turn will make them ferment and affect the color of the pearls. To wipe with a soft cotton cloth dampened with water or a liquid that has no effect on the pearls. Pearls, jewelry brands,